Friday, April 29, 2022

Nearing the End of NPM22

I am completely amazed at how fast this month passed. While recovering from my first cataract surgery. I learned to have a deeper appreciation of my one word, appreciate, the combination of medicine and faith. Perseverance stepped in during the journey and my muse visited often as I wrote poetry and read others' work. The healing process was long; I often fell asleep while growing new ideas and/or visiting poetry friends' blog sites. Responses to comments left at my blog or on other blogs were in a very slow mode but I made it through the month with these personal projects and more poetry:

  • Proudly posted my Day 9 line in the Progressive Poem and passed the baton to my poet friend, Linda Baie.
  • Introduced my NPM22 project, the creation of a Poetryliscious Gallery and a padlet to house a variety of artistic expressions, image poems, photographs, and inspired writing. Thank you to Poetry Friday friends, Linda Baie, Matt Forrest Esenwine, Molly Hogan, Denise Krebs, and Carol Labezztta for offering their work. Others, are in contact but have not placed their work on the padlet. You can see their nature photos and/or image poems on my Poetryliscious Gallery padlet. 
  • Organized the artistic expressions offered for my Winter's Embrace Gallery that hopefully will be unveiled while winter still holds court in springtime.
  • Wrote my annual Earth Day blog post with poetry and a digital graphic as my focus. 
Thank you, Laura Robb for tweeting the above quote sent to me via Twitter.

************
This week in between naps, I wrote drafts of metaphor poems for Taylor Mali's Metaphor Dice Contest and anthology and the Poetry Sisters monthly challenge. I will share my samples, labeled #PoetryPals, as soon as I put the finishing touches on them. 

I, also, created an image poem for Margaret Simon's This Photo Wants To Be A Poem

************

Thank you Jone Rush MacCulloch for providing a "gathering place for poets and lovers of poetry" this week at the Poetry Friday Round Up. Join me at Jone's blog to read about her good news where she shares works she created.

21 comments:

  1. Well done on getting so much done in a month where you might have been forgiven for doing very little, Carol. You are a star!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, thank you. I believe that having a daily poem in my pocket kept me going through all the doctor visits and medicine drops. I chose Comb Jelly to add to the Poetryliscious Gallery if that is okay with you. Please let me know.

      Delete
    2. Yes, it is absolutely okay! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Your padlet is beautiful. I love the celebration of color and beautiful words. Thank goodness you are healing. I'm glad you'll be able to see more of spring. And, I've decided that naps are a good thing. 'In Solidarity' is stunning. The photo really draws you to the words 'harmony in spirit.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun is shining for Poem in a Pocket Day and all is well. I just need to finish my metaphor poem for the challenge and I am off to celebrate spring. Do you have time to add one of your star image poems for the Poetryliscious Gallery? I really like the collage poem Spring Break Stars or the one starting with Sisters. It us needs your okay and your name as the author. Think about it and let me know.

      Delete
  3. Your NPM accomplishments are terrific, Carol. Your 'In Solidarity' poem balances the photo perfectly.
    (I added a poem to your padlet...I hope that's OK. :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your image poem, Bridget and am grateful that you added it to my padlet. The mushrooms makes a beautiful flower arrangement on the grass but the poem tells a different story. Wonderful!

      Delete
  4. I'm impressed with how you balanced reading/writing/healing this month, Carol. Love "In Solidarity." Gorgeous image!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jama. I just tweeted about your post with Jackie Kay. I found another poem she wrote that speaks of grief. I decided to follow her on Twitter. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  5. You've been busy whilst resting,Carol. It is good that you are taking care of yourself. Reading can be such a comforting companion, don't you think?! Thank you for adding my work to the padlet - it is an impressive collection that you are sharing with us! Thanks and good thoughts for continued healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol L is this you? Let me know, please. I am glad that you found the padlet and saw the creative image poem.

      Delete
  6. Wow, Carol, despite being in a recuperative time, you certainly created so much. It is always a pleasure to look back at the seasons in your galleries. I love your poem at the end, "harmony in spirit", seems like our PF friends! Wishing you a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, harmony in spirit is what we have in this wonderful Poetry Community but I hardly think we would be up for the pose in the sand. LOL! Do you remember that you sent me a pocket and poems during one of the swaps? I am trying to find where I placed it so I could have it for today.

      Delete
  7. What beautiful words you have paired with this image. They exude peace. There is strength in their quietness - to match the spirit of the girls in the photo. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Patricia. The photo inspired me to write a poem. i actually have a photo of me and another person in my yoga class posing on the beach. My instructor took the photo. it is not easy to remain in a pose on the beach. The girls in the photo must be truly agile. Do you have an image poem that you would like to offer for my Poetryliscious Gallery padlet?

      Delete
  8. What an incredible National Poetry Month, Carol! (And while healing, too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura.I am almost ready for my left eye surgery so there will be plenty of time for writing while I heal. Do you have an image poem for the Poetryliscious Gallery?

      Delete
  9. You've had quite a month, Carol! So many accomplishments and healing, too. Perhaps they were intertwined like those beautiful dancers that Margaret shared. I also thought of the word "harmony" when I saw that picture. Congrats on a productive month and best wishes for a speedy full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Should I tell you to slow down, Carol?! What a month. I love how ephemeral that sunclouded photo is, and how "In Solidarity" is such a contrasting idea. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you painted the prompts and prospects beautifully with your poetry words this month right along side your healing, wow! Beautiful padlet too, I dropped a poem in there, hope that's okay, thanks for all Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it crazy how fast April went! You certainly kept busy with poetry!

    ReplyDelete