Friday, September 4, 2015

Paying Attention

At home or in school, how often do we say "pay attention" when we need our children or students to focus? These two words are used to bring focus to the task or idea of the moment. Oftentimes, we forget that we also need to stay in tune. Perhaps, we could flip the scenario by taking time to question how closely we pay attention to those around us.
Do we read our children or our learners' faces, their body language? 
Do we pay attention to individual needs? 
Do we pause and think about our words and how they affect others? 
Being mindful allows us to pay closer attention to others and reflect upon our words. At the end of the day I think about the choices I have made and how well I interacted with others. Lately, my take away is that I need to pay better attention to others and be more open to possibilities that will grow my perspectives. 

In developing my online global galleries of artistic expressions, I have been more in tune with nature. My observation skills and perspectives have grown through the creative process. Now, the next step is to create the same flow of noticing and wondering in my daily interactions with others. 

Paying attention, listening intently, and believing in a better path will be outgrowths of staying in the moment. I will be able to turn around a misstep or misspoken word with faith as my guide. Setting a course of action with a positive mindset benefits all. 


My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Psalm 4:20

Now please turn your attention to Spiritual Journey Thursday under the leadership of Holly Mueller. This week's topic is Paying Attention.


No comments:

Post a Comment