Friday, October 30, 2015

Hauntingly Halloween

My candle was nearly burnt out, when, by the glimmer of the half-extinguished light, I saw the dull yellow eye of the creature open....
~Mary Shelley



From the shadows it rose
along with other unwelcomed guests.
Loathsome, larger than life, specters
afoot on a dreary night,
boldly moved through the silence.


Veiled by shadows,
they sat pensively waiting
as if oblivious to human traffic.


Then, from the depths of the hallowed night
they painlessly uttered one long, haunting sound.


BOO-OO!

CVarsalona © 2015

******************

Hopefully, my guests will be properly spooked by the scene I have prepared in my home for a hauntingly, spooktacular Halloween night. 



******************

Please turn your attention to the Poetry Friday Round-Up where Jone MacCulloch is hosting today at Check It Out

IMG_1077
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment