Monday, April 25, 2016

Celebrating Poetry


Poetry is an act of peace. - Pablo Neruda

This week, poetic thoughts were spinning and dancing in my head as I observed nature and wrote. Everywhere I went it seemed as if poetry was in motion. At the end of this weekend, I celebrate the warmth of spring days, the beauty of the earth, and the joy of writing poetry.


Here is this week's collection for #poemaday during National Poetry Month

Echo Poem                 Speaker











Responder

                                                                















Phragmites
xanthous perennials
guarding, standing, swaying
slender, graceful grassy beauties
reeds




Darkness, I've come
to talk with you.
Within the silence,
I listen,
sharing sounds 
I know.
Silence G R O W S.
Hear my words.
Like silent raindrops fall
                                            ing,
                                                                                        they form - are written.
©CVarsalona, 2016

Springtime renews earth
with its tender touch.
Opens the flowers
bursting with joy.
Revitalizes hearts
weary from a winter sleep.
©CVarsalona, 2016


Tomorrow’s in our hands,
Fragile earth,
Poetry’s perspective
Looking down from the universe.
Keep it safe,
You're no ordinary world-
Heaven's poetry to us!
Keep it safe 
Cause it's our world!
©CVarsalona, 2016

Each week Ruth Ayres opens her site, Celebrate This Week, for writers to celebrate alongside her. I enjoy sharing and reading what the other bloggers enjoyed during their week. This was another week to celebrate life!

You can visit Ruth's site here

No comments:

Post a Comment