Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Gathering Goodness

As I write my heartnote for today, I contemplate the theme for this month's Spiritual Journey theme, Gathering Goodness. Our host is Ramona Behnke, a reader, writer, slicer, and friend. 

Today's slice of life is a reflective one. How can I gather goodness? Will I be observant and see life through earth's small beauties? Will I feel a gentle wind passing through the air en route to spring? Will I be grateful no matter what life brings to me? 

After leaving our clubhouse for a meeting, I noticed an ordinary scene. I paused to soak in the goodness of nature. A tree spreading out its limbs and an erect lamppost stood against a springlike sky. They were guide posts persuading me to look deeper. I noticed billowy clouds peeking behind the tree, the brilliance of late winter sky, and realized that something as simple as this scene could bring goodness.  

Dear Spiritual Journey and Slice of Life Friends
I invite you to gather goodness as I did.

Photos of Regency at Creekside, Northern Virginia
💖

💖

When I think of the word, goodness, I see the image of Mother Teresa. Imagine the humbleness of this saint who said: " I'm a little pencil in the hand of a writing God, who is sending a love letter to the world."  To me, this inspirational quote is full of goodness.

I hope you take a walk with me. Let's visit the websites of Spiritual Journey bloggers and Slice of Life slicers who bring their own brand of goodness to the penned page.

10-year Slicer at Two Writing Teachers

8 comments:

  1. Ah, to pause and contemplate that which is still good and at hand! Thank you for sharing the images to illustrate your words. I am not in a place to rejoin the SJT circle again just yet...but I hope to be soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, you should always take a pause and reunite when ready. It is good to chat with you so thank you for for joining me here.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for a chance to look through your eyes and see goodness in the world you live in. I notice a theme of taking time to reflect and give thanks. It keeps recurring in my life, as perhaps in your. It is a good thing, and I am trying to learn it day by day. Thank you again, Carol, and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pausing for goodness is such a good practice. Thanks for the beautiful words and images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful collage of what you saw that gave you pause and time to gather goodness. I love all the action words in your Gather in Grace poem. An ordinary scene brings goodness to our day when we pause to look deeper and notice. I love how you called me friend, it calls to mind NCTE when we met up and attended a session together, feeling right at home with each other because of our slicing days we've spent together. Blessings of spring and renewal to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, there is such beauty and goodness out there if we just take the time to pause and look for it. It is right in front of us. Your poem reminds us of that. As always, you inspire us to look for he beauty and goodness of nature that is there for us to behold if we just open our eyes. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of gathering goodness (and why am I not surprised to learn that our lovely slicer-friend Ramona is at the heart of it?). This fits well with my efforts to call out things I'm grateful for, making space for gratitude in my bullet journal. "be kind -honor the space / reflect and renew"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for gathering this wonderful goodness and then sharing it! Ruth, thereisnosuchthingasagodforsakentown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete