Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Invitation Accepted to the March Slicer Party

Are you interested in wordplay and crafting? I find both stimulating so when Leigh Anne Eck invited slicers to her 2024 March Slicer Party, I said, "Yes, I'm interested". 

Thank you, Leigh Anne, for hosting the Word Buffet. 

Here are my 5 nerdywordy choices: ebullient, emulate, fortuitous, garrulous, and nudiustertian. Can you match the words with their definitions?

Definition Bank

strive to equal or match               ___________________
happening by chance                   ___________________
full of trivial conversation            ___________________
          lively and full of enthusiasm        ___________________
day before yesterday                   ___________________
PARTY TIPS:
When attending a word party, being garrulous is not polite.  Instead, be full of enthusiasm. Make sure that you RSVP in advance, preferably the day before yesterday. Emulate the hostess when sharing your nerdy words. Enjoy chatting and playing with other slicers. Perchance, the words, and their definitions will become part of your extensive vocabulary.

Since my clock-in time was after 12 midnight, I offer this slice for Day 26 of the Two Writing Teachers March Slice of Life Challenge.

11 comments:

  1. Carol, I haven’t joined this year’s party yet. I missed the original invite. Anyway, I think taking Leigh Anne’s idea and turning it into an activity for students might be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I love the way you set this up with a word bank, Your party tips are great fun. You stumped me with nudiustertian! I love learning new words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the enthusiastic bit of fun you have added to the invitation. Matching the words to the definitions was a process of elimination for me. This would make a fun, challenging activity for my students. I would have to forbid using Google, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, these are fun words. Nudiustertian is the only one I was not familiar with. Your perspicacious interpretation of Leigh Ann's invitation led me to learn a new word today. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very clever and a fun way to remind us of manners - and that I need to respond to that party invition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Nerdywordy" is my favourite word. :) Your five words were all new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, first of all, I have never heard the word nudiustertian before, so thank you for introducing it into my life and therefore making my day. I am going to have to figure out a way to add it to my vocabulary and wow the people I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some fun word choices! A few favorites and a few that were new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I love how you used some of them in advice for the party, to help us make sure we understood their meanings. --I liked the "match the definition" as well (though I wanted an answer key to make sure I was right. --sigh--I guess I'll just have to use a dictionary!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my goodness, Carol. How fun. I like that you made us match them up. Okay, where did you ever find "nudiustertian"? Such a weird word that I never knew we had!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun all the way around- the word choices and the fun presentation with the matching game.

    ReplyDelete