Thursday, March 21, 2024

Seasons Transition

Spring is here but Winter holds on with its brisk winds and upcoming storm.

It's time to remember: "No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn." (Hal Borland)

My dwarf weeping cherry tree enjoyed
its first bloom at the end of winter. 
It's now waiting for spring to nourish it. 

*******

winter winds wistfully whisper
a tingling tune across night sky
rejecting departure, earth's resistor  
allows spring to sashay by

a tingling tune across night sky
welcomes brisk weather 
allowing spring to sashay by
until seasons blend together

welcoming brisk weather
spring sun sways
until seasons blend together
in a playful way

spring sun sways
reigning as the sole survivor
in a playful way
spring becomes the advisor
Draft, CVarsalona, March 2024, pantoum

*******
Heartnote to Spring
💖
"Blossom by blossom the spring begins." 
Algernon Charles Swinburne

My pear tree showcases her white blossoms.

*******

I am ready to offer my blog post to Poetry Friday and 2024 Two Writing Teachers Slice of Life Story Challenge.

Logo created by Tanita S. Davis

Thank you to poet and author Rose Cappelli for hosting this week's Poetry Friday Roundup. She offers a post on her new birdfeeder and the number of birds making frequent visits. Click here to find more poetic goodness.
 


I am also offering this Slice of Life to the 2024 Two Writing Teachers Slice of Life Story Challenge. Click here.

21 comments:

  1. Carol, as always your post is filled with the wonders of nature. I enjoyed your pantoum and feel inspired to revisit this form. As always, I love being reminded of the opposite nature of our seasons. We are transitioning into Autumn here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, enjoy Autumn while I pause to watch Spring evolve after Winter winds take their rest. Thanls for visiting me this week.

      Delete
  2. Carol, I think this year March had things reversed. It came in like a lamb but is going out like a lion. Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, you got a point there. Hold on tight; let's see what happens next.

      Delete
  3. A weeping cherry tree! So delicate! thank you for sharing, Carol....and for using the word "sashay." xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those two trees are in secret conversation together, Carol. Would love to eavesdrop as they reminisce their seasonal adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the spring loveliness (I, too, like the word "sashay" in your poem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, Carol! I was going to ask what the form was, and I see it's a pantoum. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was me, incognito, above. --Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pantoum, Carol. Your alliteration sings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose. I kept reading the poem over as I penned each stanza. It was not as easy as I thought it would be because I had a pre-conceived notion about what I thought this poem should be.

      Delete
    2. "No spring skips its turn" is comforting to hear. The repetition of lines in your poem is so like the seasons that keep returning. I love your little tree. May it grow this summer.

      Delete
  9. After our 'big' snow, it's been fifties & sixties all week, now "earth's resistor
    allows spring to sashay by" & it'll be in the thirties Sunday & Monday. I adore your poem, Carol, perfection for March! May that 'resistor' be overcome for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pantoum is lovely! The Swinburne quote is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect application for a pantoum, Carol! I love the way your words wind together like winter and spring pushing and pulling each other through their transition!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carol, this is beautiful! And what an opening line... "winter winds wistfully whisper" ... musical!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carol, what a fun spring post. Your pantoum brings peace, and the photos of the two trees in your yard made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, those beautiful blossoms! And I love how spring starts out young and playful and then kind of comes into power!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carol, I love your line "a tingling tune across night sky"! Elegant pantoum.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the quote by Hal Borland that starts off your post. Your pantoum is brilliant. Blossom on!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Delightful, Carol. Spring warmly sashayed in here in my neck of the woods, but the last couple days it's been on a cold, angry march. :)

    ReplyDelete