Monday, March 18, 2024

Wearing of the Green 2024

What is St. Patrick's Day without a bit of green? This color can be found in clothing, decorations, baking, and balloons. It did not originate in Ireland although many people thought it did. 

My house was decorated with green decorations and mementos. Postcards from the turn of the 20th century were spread around the house as a reminder that St. Patrick's Day has been a part of the American culture for years. So you would expect that I would have festive green clothes for my little grandgirls to wear. 

The tulle skirts and green ribbons were at the grandgirls' home, not mine. I improvised when the middle child of the family spent the weekend. The Dollar Tree store had a giant sequin bow. It was a becoming look for my toddler grandgirl who decided to be silly for the camera. If you stopped over you would see that her cookies were green but that is another story...


I hope your weekend was as festive as mine.


Thank you Two Writing Teachers for offering a Writing Challenge during March.

6 comments:

  1. A little green. A little silly. Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, of course I fell asleep when I arrived home after a long day of GrandmaSitting for the 9-month-old grandgirl who has pink eye. I was glad to add my slice before the clock struck 12. Part 2 of the story is for another day. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Carol, I love your granddaughter's festive look. I had thought about making a green velvet cake for the day but didn't get around to it. The Dollar Stores have so many interesting things in them. Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green Vevet cake-yum! I never made that. Today’s slice will have Aurora's baking experience.

      Delete