Monday, July 4, 2016

Celebrating Commitment to Learning

Each summer, educators gather to learn, share ideas, and build their literacy toolboxes. They notice and wonder. Creative sparks ignite and acts of designing and creating follow. 

This is what happened at the graduate course, Transforming Writing Lives Through Digital Tools and Creativity, that I facilitated at Molloy College on Long Island last week. Teachers-as-learners joined me for an intensive summer institute to study ways to increase student engagement in the literacy classroom. You can access my post on the learning that occurred here.


Next weekend, a celebration of literacy learning will continue at the International Literacy 2016 Conference. I am excited to learn alongside literacy experts as well as present with my colleagues.


In addition, I will attend EdCamp Literacy next week at the International Literacy Conference in Boston to enhance my own professional learning. I will present on Discovering Joy and Wonder Through Inquiry via Family Literacy. Being one of the Wonder Lead Ambassadors, I will gladly represent Wonderopolis as one of the lead sites affecting change in children's pursuit of wonder.

I thank, Leigh Anne Eck for her idea to showcase educators' summer learning in a slide presentation that can be accessed here. Below is the slide I contributed. I am also sharing this example of #digipoetry at my #ila16 presentation with Dr. Michele Haiken and poet, Laura Purdie Salas. 


I celebrate commitment to learning by all educators who are involved in summer learning as a means to hone their craft and ultimately their practice.

Please continue to read how others celebrate their week by visiting Ruth Ayres' blogging community, Celebrate This Weekthat is built on the positives of weekly life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment