Monday, March 6, 2017

March Musings 6: #CelebrateMonday

Monday has been traditionally set aside to review the week's packed calendar of events. Oftentimes, we do not pause to slow down after the weekend to breath in life's sweet air. We just jump into Monday and start the week off. 

Today, I decided to take the time to discover the richness of what this Monday will offer (after all, Monday is the start to a full week). In doing so, I will celebrate rather than list an exhausting amount of to do events. This way, I can savor each one.

Each Monday, I like to #CelebrateMonday with my Twitter edus across the globe (thanks, Sean Gaillard, for creating the hashtag to trend the positives.) 


Here is my celebration log for today:
  • Congratulate the kindergarten snow poets at Normandy Elementary School in Ohio under the direction of Char Shyrock, Director of Curriculum and Instruction for Bay Village Schools in Ohio and teacher, Lindsey Bragg. The children created snow poetry for my upcoming global gallery of artistic expressions, Winter Wonder 17.  I celebrate their voices! 

  • Exercise. I celebrate my well-being!
  • Gear up for #NYEDChat's conversation tonight at 8pmEST on Leaders Who Prevail with guest moderators Rick Jetter and Rebecca Coda. I celebrate connected colleagues and their voices! Join in. 

As an ending thought, Steven Tyler's remark is fitting, 
"Throw your hands in the air and celebrate life."

Let's do it! Celebrate Monday!

This post is the 6th in a series titled March Musings  for the March Slice of Life Story Challenge created by Two Writing Teachers.


Slicing my life during March is an opportunity to savor 
the small moments that have allowed me 
to notice and wonder more deeply.


No comments:

Post a Comment