Wednesday, March 1, 2017

March Musings 1: Yoga Mindfulness

Within the weekly routines of life, there is a practice that allows me to drift into a state of peace. Let me take you there. 

Yoga Mindfulness

Sheltered in the dim-light
of the yoga studio, I
engage my senses,
re-awaken my mind,
and actively participate
in life’s small moments.
Mindfulness triumphs
as breathing patterns
bring stillness to a
non-active state of mind.
Self-absorption dwindles.
Compassion and love
permeate the space.
Understanding the purpose
of peaceful intentions, I
leave the studio knowing 

that a mind at peace resists
any disharmony to be
encountered later.
©CV, 2017


Thank you for joining me as I pause to savor a single, simple practice of my day. This post is the first in a series titled March Musings for Two Writing Teachers' March Slice of Life Challenge. 
*****************************
Question to Self: 
Throughout this month, I will be involved in Two Writing Teachers' 10th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge.  Why will I engage in 31 days of writing after being involved in Laura Shovan's #10FoundWords Project in February?

Response:
-I hope to examine the facets of my 2017 creed as I create visuals, reflections, and poetry on this journey. While not knowing where the path will take me, I will search for joy along the way. 
-There is intrinsic reward for my participation: Being able to release my first draft work each day as an act of fearlessness.
-I hope to continue to hone my writing craft through daily writing. 

You can read other slices here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for provide great informatic and looking beautiful blog, really nice required information & the things i never imagined and i would request, wright more blog and blog post like that for us. Thanks you once agian

    emotion focused family therapy in illinois

    ReplyDelete