Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Moments of Inspiration

It's been three months of writing starting with Laura Shovan's February Poetry Project, then March 2018 Slice of Life Story Challenge, and followed by #NationalPoetryMonth. Where does inspiration come from?
The World Dictionary defines inspiration as "an arousal of the mind, feelings, etc., to special or unusual activity or creativity." 
I believe that the mind can be aroused by ordinary aspects of life if we continue to notice and wonder. This daily practice triggers the creative process. Since I need to practice what I share as a tip, I consciously engaged in noticing and wondering when I woke today. As thoughts came into my mind, I jotted them done in my tiny journal. 
wisp of wind
bending branch
soaring swallows
sunshine sweeping sky

Since outside my window, it looked like the start of spring, I was surprised to hear the meteorologist announce, "We are in for 1 spring day and 3 days of summer weather." Really! I thought. We just got a taste of spring. The AccuWeather report flashed on the screen and that started me thinking. 


From ordinary moments of noticing, I wondered and created a quick poem.
What did you notice on this spring day that inspired you?

Today is Slice of Life Tuesday at Two Writing Teachers. I'm off to post there.
Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 7.58.50 AM
For those who are inspired to create a spring poem, I invite you to my newest gallery, Sense-sational Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment