Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Black Cat in Winter - March Musings '19/Sol19/Day12

"It's either a raccoon or a cat." my husband said when we stepped out of our car. The first part of that statement had me recalling a time years ago when a plump raccoon crawled out through the sewer grate. I never forgot that night and hoped that this March night would not turn out to haunt me. I walked as fast as I could to the front door and hastily moved inside the house. 

Flashback to a few weeks ago during one of the overnight snowstorms-my husband was concerned about the neighborhood feral cats. "What will become of them?" This lingering question lasted a few days later when he spotted the cats calmly sitting on our driveway. They looked so relaxed that I quietly took out my iPhone in an attempt to photograph them. Luckily, I took a couple of shots before the black cat darted off. From an old photo and this new one, I blended them together as a backdrop for a poem.



Did you find the hidden picture  inside the main photo?
Check the snowflake.

So was the black cat the figure in the dark my husband saw or was it a raccoon?

No one knows for sure but it's time to join Two Writing Teachers for the March Slice of Life Story Challenge, Day 12 of 31 days of writing-

No comments:

Post a Comment