Saturday, March 30, 2019

March Musing '19: Spring Is In The Air!

"Spring's here."

I groggily rolled over from a deep sleep. I've been waiting for spring-like weather but was too out-of-it to get up. Just a few more moments of sleep.

The day was rich with sunshine. Birds were chirping with delight. I dragged myself out of the house. With a heavy with head, lots of aches, and kleenex-stuffed pockets, I made it to physical therapy. I can do this

Complaining that no doctors were available on Saturday, got me special treatment. Wow! Thanks, my sinuses are open. 

Off to yoga!

Refreshed from exercise and meditation gut still with sinus drip, off I went to Urgent Care, just in case. Flu, no!. Strep throat, no, virus, low-grade fever, yes. Home to more sleep. 

Spring is in the air. I  shall dream about it!


Day 30 of 31 days of writing
March Slice of Life Story Challenge
Two Writing Teachers

10 comments:

  1. Oh, boo! Even though it's no fun to be sick any time during the year, it's especially a bummer in the spring/summer because you want to enjoy the outdoors!! I hope you feel better soon and can embrace SPRING! I admire the fact that you still got out of the house and remained active. I bet you slept well afterward. Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly, for stopping by. It is good to know somebody is on the receiving end of this blog. I do want to enjoy the outdoors so maybe tomorrow I will feel better.

      Delete
  2. Oh no! Feel better Carol. Hoping whatever I have going on is just a spring cold, but it sucks, doesn't it. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring colds are nagging problems that want to linger. The urgent care PA said that there was a lot of flu still going around also. Have a better day. I know I am going to try and do a little clean up today. Laying in bed means nothing else gets done.

      Delete
  3. Get better soon!
    I love the line “The day was rich with sunshine.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always am grateful when someone says "Get better". Thanks, Diane. Today, we will be lucky if the sun shines.

      Delete
  4. Oh, Carol, so sorry you're under the weather. I like the way you used italics to showcase your thoughts. Feel better soon! And rest, rest, rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ramona, if you can believe this, I am still under the weather today. While I was feeling out of sorts, Sierra was hiking with her parents. At least, I got to enjoy her adventures through the photos. I am always amazed at her athletic feats. She actually was climbing amidst the rocks.

      Delete
  5. I am sorry to hear you got sick. Wishing you quick recovery. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terje. Being sick makes everything stop. I am trying to recoup so I can enjoy today.

      Delete