Monday, March 4, 2019

Invitation Accepted - March Musings '19/#SOL19/Day4

I am gladly accepting an invitation to Christie Wyman's Happy Party! As a good guest, I always bring a treat. This time Christie requested that we bring something special that we wanted to share. I decided to bring the sparkle of a New York City winter night, Wonder Dust from the Wonderopolis store, and my #HappyNews. I think Christie will welcome the glitter that will brighten her party room.


My #Happy News 
is filled with twinkle,
laced with Wonder Dust sprinkle-
is shimmery, bright informed bites
ready for the quickest writes.

"So just what is my happy news, you ask." My wonderfully happy bit of news is about last Thursday when my husband and I traveled to New York City for my annual check-up.
  1. New York City is a sparkly town with  lots of glimmer to go around. The sight of the skyline makes me smile and makes me want to stay awhile.
  2. My doctor came in with a smile. "Great labs," he said in a joyful style. Then, sat down for some conversation that made us leave filled with elation.
  3. On to dinner did we go to find the Japanese restaurant aglow. With its urban style and tasty food, we left in a cheery, happy mood.
Last March, I wrote a slice of happiness blog with a poem filled with what makes me happy. You can read that here

Thank you, Christie, for the invite that brightened my night. I'm bringing the cookies and my happy news with winter stories from Syracuse. (my childhood town)

christie's #happyParty (1)


4/31

I am now ready to join the #SOL19 community for the March 12th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge Day 4 created by Two Writing Teachers!

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your happy health news, Carol, and as one drawn to shiny things, I love that photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Glenda. That photo was taken as my husband drove through.NYC. I was drawn to this city scene.

      Delete
  2. A happy party? My mind is spinning with the possibilities, Carol. I loved reading your happy news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join us, Stephanie. Here's the link to my #HappyParty. https://wonderingandwondering.wordpress.com/2019/03/03/your-happyparty-invite-has-arrived-solc19/

      Delete
    2. Stephanie, have fun setting up your Happy News reply to Christie’s party.

      Delete
  3. What great news that your labs are okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a 15 year survivor of lymphoma, I am still doing my happy dance and feeling blessed.

      Delete
  4. So glad you could make it, Carol, and that you were able to bring joyful news! -- Christie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for providing an outlet to share my blended happy news, Christie.

      Delete
  5. A joyful post to celebrate the joy and relief in a positive report at the doctor's office. I enjoyed your celebration of the city and it's glow. It is almost as if all put together each amplified the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie, for joining me here. I am in a joyful mood even though the temps are dipping down again. I had to crank up the heat.

      Delete
  6. Your list is a poem! I love it!! I am glad that you got happy news and I thank you for bringing sparkle and enthusiasm to my reading life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, yes, I planned my list poem to be in poetic form. Thanks for commenting on that.

      Delete