Wednesday, March 27, 2019

March Musings '19: Grandma Wishes

I linger in love
as a grandma today
thinking of Sierra 
in a special way.
Sierra loves playgrounds. She is a bundle of energy. The Prisma app, introduced to me by fellow slicer, Jennifer Sniadeckiwas used to capture Sierra's constant motion.

It's hard to leave my grandbaby because she brings such joy to our lives. My husband and son feel the same way. I wrote about this in yesterday's slice. Today, I started my morning off watching a short video of one of Sierra's favorite books, Grandma Wishes by Julia Lobo. You can listen to the story in song form below. 


My thoughts return to each of the three nights that I put Sierra to bed. The first night, I dipped my hand into Sierra's nighttime book basket and pulled out Grandma WishesWe sat in the white rocking chair, got cuddly, and began to read in the quiet of a darkened room. My iPhone's flashlight app lit the pages of the book while we read. After reading, we cuddled and snuggled some more, sang a little bedtime tune, and gave thanks for a lovely day before carrying Sierra to her crib where she sleeps on top of and with her babies. Before sitting back down on the rocker, I rubbed her back, and let her settle in. I was immersed in peace. I am happy that I was able to share bedtime rituals with Sierra.


(This weekend, Sierra surprised me by saying"Hi, Gramma".  My son-in-law heard it also. We were so surprised and I was so touched.)

Day 27 of 31 days of writing
March Slice of Life Story Challenge
Two Writing Teachers


7 comments:

  1. So sweet. I am so happy that you had the chance to spend time with Sierra. I know it is not nearly as much as you wish you could and therefore any moment with her is extra precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining me, Terje. We had such a great visit this time. More stories are coming up.

      Delete
  2. So precious. Full of peace. My grandkids are all school age or older now, but I remember those first cuddly years with first words. BTW: I wrote a grandma slice on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for adding your comment, Alice. I will head over to your grandma slice soon. I just want to freeze time right now. I know that on my next trip to see Sierra she will have matured a little bit more. While she is often called a big girl, she is still my little baby.

      Delete
  3. Love this peek into a bedtime ritual with Gramma and Sierra. I am not acquainted with Grandma Wishes, headed to see if our library has it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you watch the video, you will see the whole book, Ramona. I have a cute birthday party story for another slice.

      Delete
  4. Am Marilyn, thanks to Dr James who cured me of fallopian tube blockage and fibroid with his herbal tuber cleanser. My marriage was on the verge of collapsing, because I was unable to bear a child for my husband. Until I came across Dr James recommendation onLine,of how he has helped numerous childless couples to have children with the help of his wonderful herbal medication, and I contacted him. And he administered his herbs on me.within the space of two months, i became pregnant, I now have a child I can call my own. In case you want to contact him for a similar problem, or all other infertility issues, you can reach him through his email:
    DRJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM or call  or Whatsapp him on +2348152855846 He said get herbal medicine to get cure diseases like Breast Cancer,Herpes Virus,Hepatitis B,HIV/Aids,Vagina problems.Lung diseases.

    ReplyDelete