Saturday, March 7, 2020

Manhattan Winter Fun_SOLSC 7

On a winter day in New York City, life glides into perspective. Skaters enjoy the fun of ice-skating at Rockefeller Center or Bryant Park's ice rinks. For those who do not skate, a leisurely stroll through the streets and stopping to shop at the vendor booths is relaxing. At the end of the trip, a traveler must taste the fresh-roasted peanuts or warm chestnuts from the food carts on the street. 


Hearts shall dance once again; when canvas of ice is painted with the brush of skates.
-ShahAsad Rizvi

finding rhythm
blades joyfully slice the ice-
writers watch, slice, too
©CV, 2020

(Slicing is capturing a small moment in a written text.)
Each year since March 2015, I engage in Two Writing Teacher's Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge. 
Slicing allows me to ponder life, literacy, and learning, capturing small moments poetically
through writing, photography, and digital art. 

Day 7 of 31 days of writing March Slice of Life 2020 Story Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Your poem and photo brought me back to the time I went skating at Rock Center. What a great treat that was. I only did it once (I went to Wollman more often), but it’s a special memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacey, memories last beyond a single day. I am touched that my slice brought you back to a happy time. I hope your recovery period is providing you with more reflective moments as you heal.

      Delete