Monday, April 27, 2020

Look Into the Future

Into the future, I stare
pondering
its 
vast
unchartedness
pondering
a
new
normal.
Pondering,
I stare into the future.

Future life is unknown.
Virus
implodes,
changing
society.
Virus
affects
humanity's
existence
Virus,
is future life unknown?

With positivity, I imagine possibilities.
Wondering
what
life
holds-
Wondering
what
life
will
unfold.
Wondering
with positivity, I imagine possibilities.

Will mankind
create
cultures
of
trust?
Create
viable 
practices?
Reflect?
Create"
Will mankind?

This week's Ditty Challenge from Michelle H. Barnes

For this week's TLD challenge, Patrice Vecchione selected "Into the Future: Take Yourself There Now" (Chapter 53) from Part III of My Shouting, Shattered, Whispering Voice

Patrice writes:  Is the future a place you wish you could arrive at now? I remember feeling that way. Or maybe here and now is fine. For the length of a poem, venture into that place called future, as you imagine it; peer into its unknown terrain, and see what you find. The Padlet can be accessed here.  

created a skinny poem series for this challenge during National Poetry Month.  

*****
I am accepting poetic/artistic expressions this week for my #NatureNurtures2020 Global Gallery. If interested in learning about the gallery or offering a piece of work, click here

4 comments:

  1. So many questions with very few answers. The hardest thing for me is not being able to tell my children when this will all be over— just reassurance that it will be... eventually. I especially love your first skinny as a standalone, though I also love the message of the third in the series— "Wondering/with positivity I imagine the possibilities." Imagination is something the virus will never take from us. Thanks for sharing your pondering here and at TLD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, I thank you for your comments on my skinny series. I started with the first skinny and then, felt there was more to say, so i continued. I do think the first one can be a standalone, so I shared it on the padlet as such. There are always possibilities if we problem solve with creativity as our guide. The sun is shining today and so I will jump outside to bask in the sunlight.

      Delete
  2. I like all your pondering thoughts in this group of skinny poems Carol, they are probing, at times scary–with your voice addressing and questioning virus, but also with bits of hope. Thanks for your journey here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, thank you for stopping by and commenting. I did go further with this video series and created a video poem based on stanza one. You can find it at https://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2020/04/quarantine-life-video-poem.html if interested.

      Delete