Tuesday, March 28, 2023

What Slicers Know!

As a community of writers, slicers know the meaning of gratitude. They are grateful for those they have met along the Slice of Life journey. I decided as we move toward the end of the 16th Annual March SOLSC23! #SOL23 to mention a group of wonderful slicers who have commented on my different slices during this March challenge. Please note that there are many more slicers in the mix. Perhaps, another slice will capture more. 

I am thankful for all slicers and the gift of writing they bring to life. Please enjoy the poem I designed from the twelve writers below. 

This is a modified cento, "(collage poem) a poetic form composed entirely of  lines from poems by other poets." In this modified form, I read many slicers by the writers listed below and chose one line from each of their collection of slices to create a collage of thoughts.)

What Slicers Know!

Today...my heart is lifted up. -Diane Anderson
Mornings in our house are a tightly choreographed dance. -Amanda Potts
Granna is getting in on the action. We sing and read together. -Glenda Funk
I am thankful for a world full of contrasts. -Celia Fisher 
At the end of the day, it's a community of people coming together. -Schuyler Becker 
Conversations and connections continue. -Ramona
Poetry is a blessing, a treasured miracle, a gift I cherish. -Kim Haynes Johnson
I can't think of a better way to end the week and begin the weekend, -Debbie Lynn
Then readers seeing themselves in the pages of stories-Brian Rozinsky
We are writers and we will see this ride through to the end.-arjeha
Remember these days! I say, Write now! -Fran Haley
What is yet to come I have to wait and see. -Terje Akke 
      An enjoyable quote by Terje Akke to close the poem.

I designed this collage poem to showcase slicers' skillful writing, their perseverance and dedication to their craft, and their love of words. Click on each name in the poem to link to each slicer's blog. 

Friederich Nietzsche said, "A good writer possesses not only his own spirit but also the spirit of his friends." Thank you, slicer friends and Two Writing Teachers, for opening the doors to continued inspiration.

My Slice of Life
16th Annual March SOLSC! #SOL23

13 comments:

  1. Carol, this is such a thoughtful tribute, a beautiful work of art crafted w/ love and care. I know it must have taken you a lot of time to collate and link to all our blogs, and I’m honored to be included among many of my favorite folks in this community. Thank you. Peace and blessings to you. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever slice! Celebrating the comments that keep writers spirits high and keep us motivated with a feeling of appreciation! This such a special community and I love how you are celebrating us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea and you chose so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you, Carol! You gift us with your writing. And you gift us with encouragement, and with new creative expressions with our own writing! I enjoyed reading this piece… lovely on its own, and read it again, going to all the links, reading the full slices where the lines are found. So great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, what a wonderful post for the homestretch of this challenge. I am honored to be included in your poem. You have done a fantastic job of taking twelve different voices and thoughts and weaving them into a thoughtful poem. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, that was me, Bob.

      Delete
    2. Bob, I just finished reading your slice. I will check back to comment on it after finishing this comment. Thank you for checking out this slice poem. Your are right in calling the lines as 12 different voices. It is fun to create a different type of thank you to slicer friends. There are so many more that should be honored. I appreciate your faithful correspondence.

      Delete
  6. You know that saying about the smartest person in the room being the room? Well, I think it's very cool how you built this particular chamber of lines and ideas. Thanks for including me and, more importantly, dropping the breadcrumb comments that invited me to come read what you (re)made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I feel honoured to be in the mix. I feel deep gratitude for your creativity of combining the lines into a poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol, what a gift you've given us. I'm honored to be included. Thanks for your time and creativity to collect all the lines and work them into a poem all your own.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Carol, for this lovely tribute to fellow slicers (and for including me). As others have said it is a work of art and a tribute to your slicing skills that make us all feel like part of a community!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, this is wonderful! What an awesome idea to weave lines from others' stories into a beautiful tribute to writers. Thank you for including me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an amazing creation, Carol! Once again, your insight, craftsmanship, and warm-heartedness reach our to envelop us all. You are the very heart of community and a true inspiration, always. I love every line you collated here and am humbled and honored to be in this company. I am deeply grateful for YOU and your own beauty that you add so freely to the world.

    ReplyDelete