Thursday, March 9, 2023

Internet Bloops Are Annoying

I know that I wrote my March 8th Slice of Life called Grandparent Sitting - Splashing Good Time. I know that some slicers commented and I commented back. I have evidence that I wrote the blog (see below). What I don't know is how that blog vanished into the frustrating world of the internet.  

This is what frustration looks like!

Validation that I did write a slice about the grandgirls.

In 2014, I wrote a blog with a poem about frustration. I added the graphic from 2014 and rewrote a stanza using rhyme. You can see the other poem I wrote back then by clicking here.


Frustration comes in bundles,
Not so neatly tied
Down deep-long tunnels
That I don't want to hide.
©CV, 2023, quick write


Thank you Two Writing Teachers for constructing a meeting place for reflective writers.

6 comments:

  1. Carol, it is frustrating when we know we did something, we have proof we did it, and yet somehow it disappears. Is some internet magician playing magic tricks? Hope you an find it and restore it for your family to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still trying to figure out how to fix the vanishing slice. I guess I have to call Apple as much as I don't want to be bothered.

      Delete
  2. Carol, try republishing the post. There’s a learning curve w/ jetpack, and if you tweak a post even a little, even inadvertently, it disappears. This happened to me. I republished and found the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Glenda. I will try that but my time machine was not working. Where do I republish?

      Delete
  3. Yes, I read your story yesterday! It seems they keep making “improvements” online but it usually just messed things up for me as my technical skills are wobbly at best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to get help using Blogger Support but it looks like they never responded back. Maybe someday, I will redo my thoughts from what I remembered, Diane. I am glad that you confirmed that I did have a slice and some people read it.

      Delete