Thursday, April 16, 2015

Gentle Stroll

While waiting to unveil the Winter Whisperings Gallery, I am filled with the spirit of creating, the passion of poetically expressing emotions, and the love of nature's bounty. In the great universe of the outdoors, there is the gentle touch of the Giver of Life who bestows love upon life. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Tonight, when Kevin Hodgson (@dogtrax) introduced the #digitpoetry writing community to Magnetic Poetry, I decided to give the tool a try. At first, I thought I could only use the words presented on the screen I was in. This presented me with a problem since I needed additional words to create a full thought. Then, I fiddled around until I found the button to add words. The words winter and love were on my mind for two reasons:
  • the launch of the Winter Whisperings Gallery showcasing 48 reflective writers
  • the focus of this week's Spiritual Journey Thursday under the leadership of Holly Mueller is love
I created the poem below with the Magnetic Poetry board.




To expand upon the poem created with the digital poetry tool, I revised the poem to read:

Gentle Stroll

Breathe in fresh winter air
as you stroll through the garden of the world.
Observe nature resting in seasonal glory.
See daffodil-light shining through the wind-swept sky.
Listen to the sweet murmurings heard beneath the quiet.

Stroll - Relax - Thrive in a world 
created by the hand of a loving God.

With the song of the soul and a gentle spirit in your heart
find the LOVE 
of life's sacred sanctuary
in the verdant eden of peace.

Spring awaits!

Carol Varsalona © 2015.  All Rights Reserved


Listen to the powerful voice of Chris Tomlin sing Jesus Loves Me and be filled with the presence of love.


"Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
1 Corinthians 13:7

Thank you for joining my Poetry Parade.


Now, please visit the following reflective writing communities that this post is being offered to.




No comments:

Post a Comment