Friday, March 4, 2016

Just for Fun!

After three successive days of working with the Apple technical team to resolve my computer difficulties, I went back to the Apple Store for one more session on Wednesday. The only difference was that this appointment was for the pure fun of learning and creating. With most of my tech issues resolved, I had the opportunity to schedule a one-on-one appointment on any topic of my choosing. Wanting to infuse more layers of digital creations into my upcoming, online gallery of artistic expressions, Winter Wanderings, I decided to try something different. 

Being a proponent of digital change, I moved beyond my comfort zone and called upon the knowledgeable Apple Creative team to provide me with training on designing and producing an iMovie for the Winter Wanderings' photo cornerLuckily, the knowledgeable Apple trainers enthusiastically supported my idea and provided the technical assistance to create a short movie incorporating photos from around the United States and as far away as Thailand and soft background music. The photographs were contributed to the gallery by fellow photographers whom I mentioned in the credits. (Apologies to Craig Vroom for inadvertently leaving his name off during the final edit.)


I am grateful that not only did I persevere through the creation process but after I left the training was able to successfully upload the movie created into You Tube. With this part of the gallery completed, I can now continue organizing the offerings of the already submitted photo poems in a museum-like display.  I am still accepting offerings this weekend as per the gallery's deadline for submissions

NOTE: When Winter Wanderings is completed there will probably be additional photos to include in the Photo Corner along with Craig Vroom's name.

Since we had only a light dusting of snow today, I thought it would be fun taking a look back at the end-of-January blizzard on Long Island.



Part of the creative process is to compose. Resolving my tech issues cleared the path for me to create anew. 


Gratitude comes in small packages.
Open each to uncover wonder.
©CVarsalona, 2016 

Poetry transforms the way we see the commonplace through new perspectives.
-Dr. Janette Hughes






Please visit the Poetry Friday Round-up at my Twitter friend and writing colleague, Linda Baie's blog, Teacher Dance.





This post is also being offered for Two Writing Teachers' Slice of Life. It marks the fourth one of the Clearing a Path series for the March SOLSC challenge. Please visit their site to read my colleagues' slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment