- My soon-to-be 4-year-old came running in several times during the day to say, 'Grandma, I love you!"
- Both my granddaughters being loving and cuddly during the day.
- The relaxed walk we took in the neighborhood with the little girls.
- The many photos that documented our wonderful family day.
- The delicious and beautiful looking cake my daughter picked up for my husband-layered yellow cake with Bavarian cream in between the layers, chocolate ganache frosting, and blue-lettered "Happy Birthday, Grandpa" writing (requested by my granddaughter).
- A yummy dinner followed by a surprising request from my granddaughter. "Mama, can I sleep at Grandma's? My daughter and son-in-law discussed this and finally agreed.
Gratitude is a heart-filled emotion.It is an unexpected gift of love.Gratitude sings a song of praise;Blows a gentle kiss across a room.Gratitude floats through the airAnd lands with surprising sparkles.
"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." -Sara Ban Breathnach, Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy.
Unfortunately, my photos of the day did not sync properly but you can imagine
how happy everyone looked.