Saturday, March 21, 2015

Not Letting Go


Today is the first official day of spring but winter decided not to let go. When I crossed the Throgs Neck Bridge to enter Long Island late yesterday afternoon, I was greeted by a winter wonderland. The image was breathtaking. It was not at all what I expected to find when I returned from a conference at the state capitol. The town next to mine was lit up like a Norman Rockwell poster. Lights flickered and some holiday decorations were still visible on the grand porches of the old Victorians. Was this Mother Nature's wish to extend the season or evidence of her trickster personality?

I was so enthralled by what I saw that I asked my husband to take me on a mini-tour of the town so I could find the most picturesque spots to photograph. Winter whispered a beautiful message of tranquility. I knew that I had to capture its moments for the gallery that I am about to design. 

With positivity and grace, 
winter 
        S A L U T E S
the entry of a new season.
spring. 
Shades of winter white
silhouette the landscape.
Mesmerized by the
falling snow that nestles
softly on the earth and
cradles the homes of old,
I capture the beauty,
a gift of nature to
be treasured as a jewel.


Yesterday, I saw magical moments that I recalled in the sunshine of the wintery-like morning today. With the image so vivid in my mind, I celebrate the first full day of spring with pleasure, even though its green hues were patched with the melting snow. Winter may not be letting go but its roar will bring good cheer to spring.

Now please visit the two writing communities below that celebrate the art of writing. I am pleased to offer this blog to both.

No comments:

Post a Comment